At Coast Spas, we are dedicated to promoting health and wellness through our hot tubs and swim spas. Our products are designed to help you relax, reduce stress levels, ease muscle tension, soothe joint pain, and enhance your cardiovascular system. We are passionate about crafting immersive experiences that enrich your quality of life, and we are committed to providing you with the most captivating and transformative well-being solutions available.
Our products are built with cutting-edge technology and unparalleled quality, which has earned us the reputation of being the “World’s Best Built Spas”. We offer a curated selection of products that are designed to elevate your overall well-being to new heights. Our champion product within this health and wellness product line is the Coast Freshe Hot Soak. This remarkable addition is designed to help you recover faster, reduce inflammation, and improve circulation. It is perfect for anyone looking to improve their overall well-being and athletes and fitness enthusiasts.
At Coast Spas, we go above and beyond industry standards to set new benchmarks. We aspire to provide you with the most captivating and transformative well-being solutions available, and we invite you to embark on a journey toward a healthier, more fulfilling lifestyle with us. Our products are perfect for year-round use, personal retreats, socializing, and entertaining. We understand that each of our customers has unique needs and desires, which is why we've designed our hot tubs and swim spas to meet a variety of needs, from relaxation and stress relief to therapy and rehabilitation.FAQs Download brochure
Frequently Asked Questions
The Coast Freshe Hot Soak offers many benefits for both physical and mental health including:Physical benefits:
- Decreasing inflammation
- Relieving muscle soreness
- Aiding with recovery after workouts
- Boosting immunity
- Improving metabolism and blood sugar
- Enhancing mitochondrial function
- Reducing pain
- Improving clarity
- Reducing depression or anxiety
- Building mental resilience and discipline
- Boosting mental health
- Increasing dopamine levels
- Boosting mood
If you have any underlying health conditions, it is important to talk to a doctor before trying the Coast Freshe Hot Soak. It is also important to take precautions when using the Coast Freshe Hot Soak, such as not staying in the cold water for too long and not jumping into a hot shower immediately after the plunge.
We have designed our Coast Freshe Hot Soak to be aesthetically pleasing for inside and outside settings. Using state of the art insulation materials our Coast Freshe Hot Soak can be enjoyed in any environment. You can use in hot or cold climates and even during long periods of freezing for which we recommend our Hot & Cold Coast Freshe Hot Soak unit.
Setting up the Coast Freshe Hot Soak is easy and straightforward. Here are the steps:
- Find a flat, sturdy surface to place the Coast Freshe Hot Soak on.
- Make sure there is a dedicated, standard 110 outlet nearby.
- Fill the tub with water using a standard hose pipe, leaving 4-4.5 inches/11.00 centimeters from the top.
- Plug the main cord from the electrical box into the outlet.
- Wait for the tub to fill with water.
Most of the setup time consists of waiting for the tub to fill with water. If the outlet is further away, an extension cord may be needed. It is important to place the Coast Freshe Hot Soak on a flat surface that can support 1,200 lbs/545 kgs and keep it 5 feet / 152 cm from any appliances for safety purposes.
The Coast Freshe Hot Soak is designed not to be too loud when running, the cooling unit is quiet, and barely noticeable when plunging or cleaning the unit. Noise levels can be subjective and may depend on individual preferences. Some people may find the sound of the cooling unit soothing, while others may find it sometimes distracting.
The Coast Freshe Hot Soak has been designed to accommodate all sizes and body shapes to ensure that you can fully lay down and you don’t have to buy different model sizes for different heights.
Reasons why it is important to be able to fully lay down in the Coast Freshe Hot Soak:
Increased benefits: The Coast Freshe Coast Plunge can deliver a wide range of benefits, including decreased inflammation, improved mental resilience and discipline, and reduced stress. By fully laying down in the cold water, more of the body is exposed to the cold, which can enhance the benefits of the therapy.
Activation of the vagus nerve: Submerging the upper part of the neck in the water can activate the vagus nerve, which can lead to a fuller hormonal response and maximize benefits like anti-inflammatory response and mood boosting.
Improved breathing: Breathing intentionally can help the body and mind relax by activating the parasympathetic nervous system. By laying down in the cold water, it is easier to focus on breathing and achieve a more relaxed state.
Better cardiovascular health: The constriction and dilation of blood vessels that occurs during Hot Soaking can be like a workout for the blood vessels, which can help improve cardiovascular health.
The water heats up between 10 - 12 degrees in around 12 hours, when in 22–degree ambient temperature.
The Coast Freshe Hot Soak gets all the way down to 3 C/37 F degrees. No need for bags of ice!
The recommended temperature range for a Coast Freshe Hot Soak is between 10-15 C/50-60 F. This temperature range is generally considered safe and effective for providing the desired therapeutic effects of cold-water immersion. It is important to consider individual cold tolerance and specific health considerations when selecting the ideal temperature for a Hot Soak. Gradually acclimating to colder temperatures over time and being mindful of the body's reactions can help ensure a safe and effective experience. It is also recommended to warm up gradually after a Hot Soak to avoid shocking the circulatory system and leading to syncope, which is fainting due to sudden loss of blood pressure.
The water heats from 10 degrees to 12 degrees in around 12 hours at 22–degree ambient temperature.
The water heats up to 40°C or 104°F
The recommended frequency and duration of Hot Soaks vary depending on your cold tolerance and physical condition. Here are some recommendations:
Mark's Daily Apple recommends aiming for 10 to 15 minutes per week as a baseline.
MindBodyGreen suggests that the amount of time a Hot Soak should last depends on the individual, but each session should typically be around three to five minutes.
Denver Sports Recovery recommends participating in Hot Soak therapy two to three times a week.
Ritual Nordic Spa suggests a good target time for a Hot Soak is three minutes in the water.
The Output by Peloton suggests that Hot Soaks can be done anywhere from one minute up to 10 minutes, depending on how acclimated you are to the cold.
It is important to note that the frequency and duration of Hot Soaks should be adjusted based on an individual's cold tolerance and physical condition. It is also important to listen to the body and not push oneself too far to avoid risks such as hypothermia.
Here is a suggested Hot Soak routine that incorporates tips and recommendations:
- Start with a 21-day challenge to establish a consistent routine.
- Choose a time of day that works best for you, such as first thing in the morning or midday.
- Prepare mentally and physically by taking a cold shower before the Hot Soak.
- Set the temperature of the water to around 10 - 15 C/ 55-60 F degrees if you're new to cold exposure.
- Take a few long, deep breaths before getting into the tub to calm your mind and set your focus.
- Submerge your body on a long exhale breath.
- Stay in the cold water for 2-5 minutes, gradually increasing the time as your body gets used to the cold water.
- Focus on your breathing, aiming for 5-8 breaths per minute to help your body and mind relax by activating the parasympathetic nervous system (rest and digest).
- Dunk your head all the way under the water when you first enter the tub to help speed up warming regulation in the body, which makes the cold more bearable, more quickly.
- Cycle your hands and feet out if needed to help regulate your body temperature.
- Once your timer goes off, slowly get out of the cold water and pat yourself dry.
- Consider doing some light movement to warm up like stretches or jumping jacks.
- Strive for consistency to get optimal results, aiming for 2-3 times a week for 2-5 minutes each session.
Remember to consult with your doctor before Hot Soaking, especially if you have any underlying health conditions. It is also important to take safety precautions when doing Hot Soaks, such as staying hydrated, having someone with you, and not staying in the cold water for too long. By following this routine and taking safety precautions, you can safely and effectively reap the benefits of Hot Soaks.
The Coast Freshe Hot Soaks offers numerous benefits for both physical and mental health, but there are also some common mistakes to avoid when using:
Starting too cold: It is important to start with a tolerable temperature and gradually decrease the temperature as the body becomes accustomed to the cold.
Going too long: It is recommended to keep the session between three and five minutes for general use. After five minutes, the benefits will become diminished and could even be harmful if you're in too long.
Lacking consistency: Results from cold exposure compound with consistency, so it is important to create a Coast Freshe Hot Soak routine and stick to it.
Breathing too fast: Breathing is one of the key elements of cold exposure, and it is important to use sound breathing techniques to get the most out of the Coast Freshe Hot Soak.
Ignoring health issues: The Coast Freshe Hot Soak is not recommended for everyone, and it is important to talk to a doctor before trying Hot Soaks, especially if you have any underlying health conditions.
Not preparing: It is important to prepare the body and mind before doing a Coast Freshe Hot Soak, such as staying hydrated.
Heating up too soon: It is important to let the body warm up naturally after doing a Coast Freshe Hot Soak and not jump into a hot shower immediately after the plunge.
By avoiding these common mistakes, one can safely and effectively reap the benefits of the Coast Freshe Hot Soak.
With the Coast Freshe Hot Soak filtration system that includes ozone and a 20–micron filter, our maintenance pack, and recommended regular proper maintenance and use of Coast Spas chemicals you can have crystal–clear water for at least 6 months. Reducing water waste and maintenance.
The Coast Freshe Hot Soak tub was designed to be self-contained, which means that once you fill it up from a hose, your water can last up to 3 to 6 months without changing it with proper maintenance. Here are some tips for maintaining your Coast Freshe Hot Soak tub:
- Use a mild cleaning solution to scrub the interior of the tub regularly to remove any build-up of bacteria and contaminants.
- Use the supplied filtration supplies to keep the water clean and healthy for use. The Coast Freshe Hot Soak comes with a 20-micron filter that can remove small and larger particles and debris from water. It is recommended that you change the filter every month depending on frequency of use. You can reorder new filters directly from Coastspas.com.
- Monitor the chemical levels of the water to ensure that they are within the recommended range. It is strongly recommended that for water maintenance you continue to use the Coast Spas chemicals which are provided in the starter kit and are specially formulated for the Coast Freshe Hot Soak. You can reorder new chemicals directly from Coastspas.com.
- Use the Coast Fresh insulated cover to keep debris out of the water, reduce evaporation, and maintain the water temperature. You can reorder a replacement cover from Coastspas.com.
- Keep the area surrounding your Coast Freshe Hot Soak swept and free of debris to reduce the amount of dirt and debris that enters the tub.
It is important to note that the frequency of changing the water in your Coast Freshe Hot Soak depends on the level of usage. Generally, if the Coast Freshe Hot Soak is used daily it is recommended to change the water every week or two. By following these tips, you can keep your Coast Freshe Hot Soak tub clean and healthy for use.
Putting a Heater/Chiller unit inside the Coast Freshe Hot Soak rather than stand alone outside the tub offers several important benefits including:
- More efficient cooling: A Heater/Chiller unit inside the Coast Freshe Hot Soake cools the water more efficiently than a outside standalone unit because it eliminates the need for long hoses or pipes that can cause heat loss. This means that the water can be cooled faster and more effectively, which can enhance the benefits of cold-water therapy.
- Consistent temperature: A Heater/Chiller unit inside the Coast Freshe Hot Soake maintains a consistent temperature throughout the water, which is important for achieving the desired therapeutic effects. With a standalone unit outside the tub, the temperature may vary depending on the distance between the unit and the tub, which can affect the effectiveness and safety of the therapy.
- Space-saving: A Heater/Chiller unit inside the Coast Freshe Hot Soak can save space and reduce clutter in the room. With a standalone unit outside the tub, you may need to find a separate location to store it, which can be inconvenient.
- Ease of use: A Heater/Chiller unit inside the Coast Freshe Hot Soak is easier to use because it eliminates the need for additional equipment or setup. With a standalone unit outside the tub, you need to connect hoses or pipes, which can be time-consuming and complicated.
- More cost-effective: A chiller unit inside the Coast Freshe Hot Soak is more cost-effective in the long run because it can reduce water consumption and energy costs. With a standalone unit outside the, you may need to use more water and energy to achieve the desired temperature, which can increase your utility bills.